Blue skies and sunny conditions have returned to the Mexican Caribbean and normal service resumed today at Royal Resorts. Members and guests are now enjoying our beautiful beaches, activities and hospitality once more.
Our staffers have been working throughout the day cleaning the pool decks, gardens and other affected areas while others removed supplies, bedding and equipment from the hurricane shelters.
Guest Service information
If you are staying with us, please take note of the following guest service announcements for today and tomorrow in some cases.
The Royal Sands
- The pools at The Royal Sands are currently closed for cleaning and will reopen following this schedule:
Phase 1 pool, open Saturday morning
Phase 2 main pool, open Friday at 7 a.m.
Phase 2 Kids Pool, open today between 1 and 2 p.m.
- La Veranda restaurant is now open.
- Hacienda Sisal will open today for dinner at 5 p.m.
- Char Hut will reopen in Phase 2 tomorrow offering lunch and pool bar service
- Pool bar service in Phase 1 will resume on Saturday when the pool reopens.
- The Activity center and Kids Club are opem. Pool games and aqua fitness activities are cancelled due to pool cleaning.
- The Spa and gym are open.
- The Royal Market is open.
The Royal Cancun
- La Palapa will reopen for lunch today.
- The Kids Club and Activity Center are open and pool activities taking place as normal. Kayaks are also available.
- The Royal Market store is open.
- The Villa Spa and gym are open.
The Royal Islander
- The Activity Center at The Royal Islander is open and pool activities are taking place.
- Cayo Largo restaurant is open and El Conquistador will open for dinner as normal.
- Royal Roast and Royal Express are open.
- The Royal Market store is open.
- Captain’s Cove will be open for dinner today at 5 p.m.
The Royal Haciendas
All the pools, activities and services at The Royal Haciendas are operating normally, including the Activity Center, Kids Club, Spa, gym, Royal Market and the dive center. The multisports court is closed until further notice. Please take note of the following dining changes for today.
- La Palapa del Sol is closed today for maintenance. Lunch and dinner are being served in La Rotonda lounge.
- Room Service is now open.
- Los Murales will be open at 5 p.m. with a la carte service and a seafood special for two including soup or salad. (no reservations, first come, first served).
- La Rotonda Room and Kinoko will be open for dinner today offering a Prime Rib buffet special and live music.
- Kinoko will offer its normal a la carte menu for dinner tomorrow.
- Sol Grill and Luna Grill are now open.
Thomas More Travel
The tour desks are open at all the resorts.
Inter-resort shuttle in Cancun
The inter-resort shuttle connecting The Royal Sands, The Royal Cancun and The Royal Islander is now operating normally.
Grand Residences by Royal Resorts
At Grand Residences by Royal Resorts all services and activities are operating normally. Pool cleaning is in progress and will be completed today.
Due to the hurricane, the Reservation Center is currently unable to receive calls. As soon as the service is restored we will post an update.
Cancun International Airport is open. However, only passengers with tickets and boarding pass for confirmed flights should go to the airport. It is important that guests contact their airline to check their flight. For more information call the Thomas More Travel tour desk ext. 175 & 407.
Guests must notify Thomas More Travel if their flight has changed and they had an airport transfer reservation. The travel agency needs to know their new departure day and time in order to reschedule transfers and cancel the original pick up arrangements.
The Mexican Caribbean
Cancun and the Riviera Maya are returning to normal. Public transport is running, supermarkets are open and shopping centers and restaurants are gradually reopening.
With regard to area attractions, the latest report is that Xcaret and Xel-Ha are now open and other parks in the area are expected to reopen over the next few days. Area archaeological sites are closed until further notice to allow for debris to be cleared and the buildings inspected. Tulum is expected to reopen tomorrow.