Olympic medals are tumbling fast at the London 2012 Games and as the first week draws to a close, a big congratulations goes out to all this week’s winners and medalists.
Some of our fave moments so far are have been:
• Michael Phelps USA winning his 17th gold medal, out of a record-breaking 21 Olympic medals!
• The silver medals won by Mexican divers Paola Espinosa/Alejandra Orozco and German Silva/ Ivan García in the Synchronized 10-Meter Platform events, and by archers Aida Roman and Mariana Avitia, who won silver and bronze respectively in the Women’s Individual Archery.
• Cycling golds for Britons Bradley Wiggins, the 2012 Tour de France winner, and for Sir Chris Hoy, who now has five gold medals to his name. Great Britain’s other gold medals to date were won by Tim Baillie and Etienne Stott in the Men’s C2 Canoe Slalom, Helen Glover and Heather Stanning in the Rowing – Women’s Pair and Peter Wilson in the Shooting – Men’s Double Trap
• The emergence of a new Chinese swimming sensation, 16-year-old Ye Shiwen
• Gabby Douglas, USA, women’s all-around gymnastics gold medalist
The next few days are sure to be equally exciting, with the tennis finals on Sunday, the last swimming and diving events and the start of the track and field competitions.
We hope that you are watching the sporting action from London, remember that you can see it all in the Royal Resorts Bars. You can also catch the evening round up so that you don’t miss out on precious beach time!
What have been some of your Olympic highlights so far?
Featured photo credit: Geoff Nelson / Shutterstock.com