Royal Resorts is preparing for reopening and to welcome members and guests with its customary service, quality and the Royal Care Standard, the implementation of additional health and hygiene protocols to provide a safe environment for members, guests and staff.
Our continued commitment to your safety, the Royal Care Standard
At Royal Resorts your health and wellbeing is our top priority. We have elevated our high cleaning and sanitation standards with a new level of care and hygiene called the Royal Care Standard. Additional hygiene protocols have been implemented for rooms, guest areas, offices and back of house areas in accordance with guidelines issued by the Mexican Department of Health and the World Health Organization. These new measures include:
• Welcoming members and guests with warm smiles and the traditional Yucatecan greeting of the hand placed over the heart known as Ki’ imak K’iin instead of handshakes and hugs.
• Use of face masks by staff.
• Keeping a safe distance and avoiding physical contact.
• Widespread availability of hand sanitizer gel for guests and staff to use throughout the resorts. Arriving members and guests will find a hygiene kit in their room containing hand sanitizer, face masks and wipes.
• Incorporation of additional sanitation protocols and disinfectants in our daily room cleaning regimen. All frequently touched surfaces, including doorknobs and handles, light switches, TV controls and telephones, appliances, tables, kitchen countertops and other surfaces receive extra attention. Electrostatic spray technology will be used to sanitize mattresses, pillows, cushions and other soft furnishings.
• Around the resorts, high traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces, including tables and countertops, door handles, elevator buttons, handrails and more will be cleaned and disinfected repeatedly during the day.
• Sports equipment and games, Kids Club toys, yoga mats and fitness machines are cleaned and disinfected after use.
• Sun loungers and chairs are cleaned every day.
• Increased cleaning of all guest areas, including restaurants, Activity Centers and Kids Clubs, the Spa, gym, stores, offices and back of house where staff work behind the scenes.
• Changes to seating plans in restaurants and bars to allow for greater separation between tables.
• Buffet service has been modified to reduce lines and other buffet changes include greater use of individual portions, more show cooking stations and a member of staff to serve diners. • Guests can consult contactless menus for all our restaurants and bars, activity programs and spa catalogs by scanning QR codes.
• The inter-resort shuttle, employee buses and vans used to transport guests will be cleaned and disinfected after every journey.
• Luggage will be sprayed before being stowed in vans and upon arrival at the resort.
• The Royal Resorts App offers contactless options for checking in and checking out. Use it to make reservations, send special requests, preregister for check in, get the daily activity program and restaurant information and to settle your account with a credit card at the end of your stay for express check out. You can download the App from the App Store or Google Play.
• Ongoing staff training on COVID-19 awareness and to reinforce hygiene protocols
• Constant monitoring of the health of our employees
We are overwhelmed by your love and support for the COVID-19 Employee Relief Fund. You helped us reach the second goal and the appeal has raised over US$100,000 so far. Thanks to the donations received, the Royal Resorts Foundation has been able to help 1,222 employees such as housekeepers, waiters, bar tenders, kitchen staff and […]
Your Royal Resorts chefs have been working hard to prepare different dining experiences for you to try whenever you are able to return. New menus, a collection of classic favorites, different chef’s dishes of the day, theme nights and tasty lunch specials will be introduced during the year and are just some of the tempting […]