FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’S)
1. What benefits will the REFINE Package Collection bring to Royal Resorts Members?
- Members will be able to customize their vacations and truly make them their own. Members can get the most out of what Royal Resorts and the Cancun and Riviera Maya area has to offer by experiencing our exclusive selection of packages.
- Improving member benefits in comparison to those received by non-members. Throughout your stay, as a Member you will continue to have priority over renters. This means that you will continue to have priority access to the best Royal Resorts has to offer!
- Members enjoy greater discounts. As Members, you will continue to enjoy the same high-quality food, drinks, tours and other services – except now you will spend even less! Rest assured, other than saving money, the experiences you will have with us tomorrow will be just as wonderful and memorable as those you had with us yesterday.
- Members will have increased rental opportunities. “All-inclusive” resorts are the most desired in the region and placing your “all-inclusive” unit in the rental program will result in increased rental opportunities.
2. Which resorts offer the REFINE Package Collection?
The REFINE All-Inclusive Package is available at The Royal Sands, The Royal Cancun and The Royal Haciendas.
3. How do I get additional information about the REFINE Package Collection?
For additional information please email email@example.com
4. When can I purchase one or more of the REFINE Packages for my vacation?
- You can reserve the REFINE All-Inclusive Package at The Royal Sands, The Royal Haciendas and The Royal Cancun now.
- Royal Resorts Members can purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive Package upon arrival at Royal Resorts or by calling 888-721-4422
5. Where can I purchase a REFINE All-Inclusive Package before my arrival to the resort?
Members can purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive Package upon arrival at Royal Resorts. Pre-purchase is available now by calling 888-721-4422. By pre-purchasing you can pay 50% of the package up front and the balance in equal monthly installments to be paid no later than 30 days prior to your stay.
Exchangers must purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive Package for the duration of their stay and may pay upon arrival. Pre-purchase is available now by calling 888-721-4454. By pre-purchasing you can pay 50% of the package up front and the balance in equal monthly installments to be paid no later than 30 days prior to your stay.
Renters may call the following numbers for reservations:
US/Canada toll free 888-721-4473
Mexico toll free 800-272-0716
Other countries 954-736-5839
THE REFINE ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE
7. If a Member loans or rents their units privately will the person they rent or loan to have to purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive Package?
No. The REFINE All-Inclusive Package will be optional for all guests staying in a members’ unit with or without the member being present, i.e. staying as an Owner Loan.
8. If a Member rents additional units will the Member have to purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive Package?
No, the REFINE All-Inclusive Package will be optional for Members unless they acquire the units through an online travel agency, i.e. Expedia, Orbitz.
9. If Members acquire additional units for their guests through a rental but the guests are not staying in the same unit as the Member, do they have optional access to the REFINE All-Inclusive Package
Yes as long as the member is staying at the same resort during the same dates. However, members will have a limit on the number of additional units they can rent for third parties without the REFINE All-Inclusive Package being mandatory. Members will be allowed to rent as many additional units for third parties as they show in their membership agreement without the All-Inclusive being mandatory. That is, each membership agreement allows for one rental week for a third party. Once they exceed this limit, guests will have to purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive Package. For example, if a member owns weeks 21 and 22, they will be allowed to rent up to two additional units for third parties without a mandatory All-Inclusive Package.
10. How many units can a member rent without the REFINE All-Inclusive Package being mandatory?
The member may rent an unlimited number of units without a mandatory REFINE All-Inclusive Package if the member is staying in the unit. If the member is renting for a third party then the member will have a limited number of additional units they can rent without a mandatory all-inclusive package (see answer to question 9).
11. If a non-member who owns a timeshare outside of Royal Resorts exchanges into The Royal Sands, The Royal Haciendas or The Royal Cancun through an International Exchange company, will they have to purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive Package?
Yes. The REFINE All-Inclusive Package will be mandatory for timeshare owners who do not own at Royal Resorts and are vacationing at The Royal Sands or The Royal Haciendas through an International Exchange company. In the case of The Royal Cancun, exchange guests who are not Royal Resorts members will have optional access to the REFINE All-Inclusive package.
12. Will non-members who made reservations to stay or exchange into at The Royal Haciendas or The Royal Sands prior to July 3, 2012 have to purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive Package?
No, this program does not affect existing reservations that were made before July 3, 2012, regardless of the occupancy date.
13. Will non-members who made rental reservations to stay at The Royal Cancun prior to January 16, 2014 for stays starting April 26, 2014 have to purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive package?
No, the new REFINE All-Inclusive package at The Royal Cancun will not affect existing reservations to stay at the resort made before January 16, 2014, regardless of the occupancy date.
14. If a Member of Royal Resorts exchanges their week(s) and gives it to a non-member third party via a Guest Certificate, will the Guest have optional access to the REFINE All-Inclusive Package?
Yes, the Guest will have optional access to the REFINE All-Inclusive Package. This policy is only valid if the Royal Resorts Member uses a Royal Resorts week for the exchange and only one Guest Certificate per Royal Resorts membership agreement is allowed. In other words, for each week the Member owns, one Guest Certificate can be given to a non-member who will have optional access to the REFINE All-Inclusive Package. Please note that if the Member uses a week that is not one of their Royal Resorts membership weeks, this courtesy cannot be granted to their guest.
15. If I rent EP as member or one of my referrals rents with EP, when I upgrade to REFINE all inclusive, will I pay $69USD as I do on my membership?
Members who prefer to rent with the REFINE All-Inclusive Package are able to do so at discounted rates. At the time of booking it is important that you inform the reservation agent that you are looking to rent the REFINE All Inclusive Package. EP Rates are not applicable for adding on the REFINE Package at Member Rates, these are only applicable to weeks of Membership, Exchange (Internal or External), Signature Club Reservations, Owner Loan and Royal Time stays.
If a Member rents an EP room and upon arrival decides to take the REFINE option, the rental rate will be recalculated at the current REFINE All-Inclusive Member rental rate.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: REFINE All-Inclusive Member rate of $69 per day is not applicable when member rents a unit. If a member wishes to rent, they must either rent their accommodations European Plan or with REFINE All-Inclusive included in the rate. In both cases Members have special discounted rates.
RESORT AMBIANCE & SERVICES
16. Should I expect more people staying at the resort as a result of the REFINE All-Inclusive Package
The resort facilities and amenities are designed to accommodate maximum occupancy. We do expect the program to bring more guests to the resorts. We look to increase our occupancy but only to a level where we can operate and manage the resorts and its services with the same quality standards.
17. How will my Annual Club Service Fee be impacted by the REFINE All-Inclusive Package?
Your annual Club Service Fee will not be affected in any way.
18. Will the Resort Atmosphere change as a result of the REFINE All-Inclusive Package?
The resort atmosphere will not change. The quality standards we are known for will be maintained and we will continue to adhere to resort regulations and guidelines published in Resort Tips; as an example antisocial behavior will not be tolerated and management will reserve the right to refuse serving alcohol to anyone who is visibly impaired. What will change is that more people will be enjoying the excellent quality and services provided at our restaurants and this will allow us to pass on discounts to our valued members and to benefit our staff.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
19. Are the food and beverage facilities adequate to provide the All-Inclusive experience?
Extensive research and competitive analysis was conducted in-house and by third parties prior to making the decision to launch the REFINE All-Inclusive Package at The Royal Haciendas, The Royal Sands and at The Royal Cancun. The facilities at The Royal Sands and The Royal Haciendas are considered more than adequate for this program and were expanded at The Royal Cancun, with the addition of a second restaurant, lobby bar, kids club and other activities and entertainment
20. How will food and beverage options offered to Members who decide not to purchase the REFINE All-Inclusive Package change?
Members not participating in the REFINE All-Inclusive option will continue to receive the same high quality standards and value they experienced previously.
21. Will the quality of food, beverages and services at Royal Resorts change as a result of the REFINE All-Inclusive Package?
As in the regular hotel market, there is a wide range of all-inclusive offerings, from low budget properties all the way up to ultra-luxurious resorts with gourmet all-inclusive meal packages. Royal Resorts is internationally recognized as having some of the highest rated vacation ownership resorts in the world. It is our aim to provide an all-inclusive program that is always optional for Members, and that competes in the 4.5 to 5-star categories. Royal Resorts will ensure that food and beverages sold at the resorts have the same quality as those currently offered at the resort restaurants.
22. What Premium food and drink options are not included in the REFINE All-Inclusive package?
The following Premium dishes and drinks are not included in the REFINE All-Inclusive package but are available at additional cost:
• Selected prime cuts of beef
• Chilean sea bass
• Fresh tuna
• Dishes prepared tableside
• Flambéed desserts & specialty coffees
• Premium drinks & wines
23. Are seasonal celebrations such as Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners included in the REFINE All-Inclusive package?
Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are included in the REFINE All-Inclusive Package. Please note, however, that special events such New Year’s Eve Party and other seasonal events organized at participating restaurants and bars are not included in the REFINE All-Inclusive package but may be booked subject to availability and at an additional cost.
24. What are the restrictions for dining at the specialty restaurants: Los Murales® at The Royal Haciendas, Hacienda Sisal® at The Royal Sands, Captain’s Cove®, Pancho & Willy’s Bar and El Conquistador* in Cancun?
Reservations are required for dining at Hacienda Sisal, Captain’s Cove and El Conquistador restaurants in Cancun and Los Murales at The Royal Haciendas and are subject to availability.