We would like to give you the following information regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in our area. For reference, we have divided it into subsections, use the tabs to find what you need.
Information for US travelers and antigen testing
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requires a negative COVID-19 test for passengers flying into the United States. (This applies even if their final destination is another country but they are on a connecting flight, which first enters the United States.)
To help you comply with this new travel ruling and for your convenience, Royal Resorts made COVID Antigen tests available onsite, through certified independent laboratories, at no cost at The Royal Cancun, The Royal Islander, The Royal Sands, The Royal Haciendas, and Grand Residences.
This policy has been extended until January 1, 2022 (week 52).
It is important to note that free testing is for all members and guests staying at Royal Resorts, is one-time only, and available to those who have no symptoms. Results are available in 24 hours. Royal Resorts is not responsible for the results.
Free onsite COVID Antigen testing will be conducted in the Gran Salon at Hacienda Sisal at The Royal Sands for guests of The Royal Sands and in Villa B623 for guests at The Royal Cancun, in Villa 4430 at The Royal Islander, at the former Real Estate Sales Location right below the Tennis Courts at The Royal Haciendas and in one of the business centers in the lobby of Grand Residences.
Testing will be carried out at:
- The Royal Sands at the Gran Salon at Hacienda Sisal – Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Royal Islander – Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by appointment only.
- The Royal Cancun – Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. by appointment only.
- The Royal Haciendas – Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Sunday by appointment only.
- Grand Residences – Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Reservations for Onsite Testing
- The Royal Sands, click here to make reservations for COVID-19 tests. Starting May 10, 2021, a new lab will be providing the service at The Royal Sands. If you had filled out the previous appointment form (before May 8), please fill out the form in the link listed on this bullet.
- The Royal Haciendas, click here to make reservations for COVID-19 tests. You will receive an email from the laboratory, as soon as possible, confirming the day and time of your appointment. We appreciate your patience as the lab is experiencing a high volume of requests and is prioritizing by date of departure.
- The Royal Islander, click here to make a reservation for your COVID-19 test at the resort.
- The Royal Cancun,click here to make a reservation for your COVID-19 test at the resort.
- If you are staying at Grand Residences, please contact the Front Desk or Concierge upon arrival to make arrangements for testing.
* Onsite testing is only available for guests who have no symptoms. If you have symptoms, you must contact the Front Desk or the Medical Service to make arrangements for in-room testing.
For more details on the CDC order visit:
Countries requiring PCR testing
Countries such as Canada and the UK now require all inbound travelers to show documentation of a negative laboratory test result to the airline prior to boarding their flight. The test must be performed using a COVID-19 molecular polymerase chain reaction test (PCR test) with results dated within 72 hours of their scheduled departure.
If your country requires a PCR test, this is also available onsite through certified independent laboratories, for a fee of US$100 in Cancun, 2000 Mexican Pesos in The Royal Haciendas (results in 24 hours), or $110 at Grand Residences (results in 52 hours).
If you test positive and must quarantine
If you test positive, Royal Resorts will cover the cost of accommodations and meals from the COVID Recovery Menu for up to 14 days, subject to restrictions below. Accommodations and meals are covered only for the guest/s who have tested positive and on an availability basis.
If you are staying at Grand Residences, this policy also applies.
We will do everything we can to make you feel comfortable and safe while following our Royal Care Standard policy and the instructions issued by the health authorities.
- Accommodations for quarantine are subject to availability. This policy is valid until January 1, 2022.
- A minimum three-night stay is required.
- This policy is not valid for last-minute reservations made within 24 hours of check-in.
- The date that the COVID-19 test is taken cannot be before check-in occurs.
- If you test positive and do not qualify for complimentary accommodations, a special accommodation rate is available for the quarantine period.
All information is subject to change at short notice.
For further information about the hygiene standards and procedures, please visit the Royal Care Standard website.
Download the Royal Resorts App for contactless check-in and much more
The Royal Resorts app offers members and guests contactless solutions for check-in and checkout. Download it from the App Store or Google Play and use it to make reservations, send special requests, check-in and checkout, to obtain the daily activity program and restaurant menus, pay your bill by credit card and much more.
You can also scan QR codes in your room, in our restaurants and elsewhere in the resort to find a wealth of digital information including:
- Resort maps and the Welcome Home guide normally distributed to guests at check-in
- Menus for all our restaurants and bars
- Activity programs
- Spa catalogs
- Resort Tips for vacation information and resort regulations
- Royal Resorts Life magazine
This post is also available in: Spanish